- 1 La Kavané
- 1.1 יצחק נבון ע"ה
- 1.2 Password reset
- 1.3 Opening RFC
- 1.4 Ayudo de Biervos para los Artíkolos
- 1.5 New way to edit wikitext
- 1.6 Exemption Doctrine Policy
- 1.7 Discussion on English Wikipedia about what to name the section on the Judeo-Spanish language
- 1.8 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
יצחק נבון ע"ה[Trocar el manadero]
Attention, Universal Life, Maor X, and anyone else watching this page: We should probably quickly add an article on the late Israeli President Its.hak Navon. Not only was he an Israeli President, but was the first one of Sefardi ancestry. He also made substantial contributions to the publicizing of Sefardi culture, both as president of the Autoridad Nasionala del Ladino and as principal creator of Bustan Sefaradi (he). The enwiki and hewiki articles both have a fair amount of information in them to work from. StevenJ81 (discusión) 15:47 12 Nov 2015 (UTC)
Password reset[Trocar el manadero]
I apologise that this message is in English. Help with translations!
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Opening RFC[Trocar el manadero]
Dear users. A request has opened to decide if apply a Global ban against Marrovi. Other users who have relevant information can participate. Here is the link; You can also review the guidelines here. For the same policies I have to notify in the projects that he participate. Regards. --Akapochtli (discusión) 01:19 17 Nov 2016 (UTC)
Ayudo de Biervos para los Artíkolos[Trocar el manadero]
StevenJ81, Maor X y otros amigos, Tenemos munchos yerros en muestros artíkolos. Algunos escriven en castiliano y algunos se esforçan de escrivir en un castiliano antiguo imajinado...y mos sale hojas llena de yerros. Por esto vengo de criar esta hoja...daínda está chiquitica ma lo vamos a llenar a orosa mente va a ser una hoja de referencia para el avenir. --Universal Life (discusión) 15:01 21 Nov 2016 (UTC)
- Gusto del xablon, anke la ortografia ke mas me gusta es la Maor X, el uzo de tildes komo kulá en vez de kula, ma las munchas ortografias azen mejoras en la lingua djudio-espanyola.--Marrovi (discusión) 15:18 21 Nov 2016 (UTC)
New way to edit wikitext[Trocar el manadero]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --19:32 14 Diz 2016 (UTC)
Exemption Doctrine Policy[Trocar el manadero]
As always, my apologies for writing in English.
In order for Judeo-Spanish (Ladino) Wikipedia to continue to host non-free media files locally, we are required by the Wikimedia Foundation to put in place an Exemption Doctrine Policy to serve as a formal and legal policy governing those files. I have drafted a policy (in English), based mainly on the policy at English Wikipedia, with a handful of small variations. That draft policy can be found at Vikipedya:Exemption Doctrine Policy. Please read that policy, then comment on its talk page if you have any questions, criticism, or suggestions. If there are no outstanding objections to this policy by January 31, 2017, it will be formally implemented here.
- There were no comments on this, either here or at Diskusyón de Vikipedya:Exemption Doctrine Policy. Accordingly, this policy is adopted. I intend to get all affected media files properly documented by the end of February. StevenJ81 (discusión) • 4 Shevat 5777 • 15:00 31 Jen 2017 (UTC)
Discussion on English Wikipedia about what to name the section on the Judeo-Spanish language[Trocar el manadero]
As always, apologies for writing in English.
There is a Request for Comment on English Wikipedia concerning renaming the current article en:Judaeo-Spanish to en:Ladino language. The RfC is located on the talk page: en:Talk:Judaeo-Spanish#Requested move 1 January 2017. Please comment there. StevenJ81 (discusión) • 4 Teveth 5777 • 16:30 2 Jen 2017 (UTC)
- This was recently closed with a decision of no move. Thanks to those who participated. StevenJ81 (discusión) • 12 Teveth 5777 • 23:09 9 Jen 2017 (UTC)
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[Trocar el manadero]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.